Tuesday, June 23

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE!

Our lil' family went on the tour at Oquirrh Mountain Temple this past weekend. It was a part of our Father's Day outing! The kids weren't too excited at first, until they were told they could actually go inside the temple and realized the opportunity of doing so. My parents and most of my siblings were all in Frisco for a family reunion...but, my lil' bro, Pou and my sis, Toree stayed back so we took them along.

When we got to the parking lot, there were ushers at the gate. Justin rolled his window down and the usher said, "Hello, do you have reservations?" We told him we did...then he gave us instructions to follow the arrows and the ushers would lead us to the closest parking spot...it was a chilly evening! Justin thanked the usher and as he was rolling his window back up...the usher said, "Bien Venido!" (thinking J was a miko...haha!) We all started crackin' up! My sister Toree loves to tease J...so through the rest of that evening she kept saying "Bien Venido!" My husband gets mistaken for a miko so many times and we love to tease him, because he's so proud to be poly!

The tour was AMAZING! The spirit was so strong, the kids were in AWE, not only did they notice the different rooms, but the walls, pictures, the floors, light fixtures...all of it! Even lil' Drew (being in his temper tantrum stage) was so mellow throughout the tour. I like to think he sensed a familiar enviroment from where he used to be! The kids took much time where the baptistry font was. They know their Aunty Diana (my lil' sis who they are highly fond of) goes many Saturday mornings to do baptisms for the dead, and when I told them this was where she'd come...they thought it was the neatest thing! The tour ended in the sealing rooms and again our kids loved the mirror structures representing Eternity. I encourage you all to go if you haven't.

At the end of the tour is the reception hall where you can go and have refreshments. It's a cozy place with furniture so you can relax and socialize. The kids loved the self-playing piano there...especially Pou! It was then that we took some pics with J's Blackberry phone, (I need to fix my camera!) so the quality in these pics isn't all that...but here is what we got!

...A Sense of Personalities with these kids...

(Conversation after the Tour)

Me: Kids, what was your favorite part of the temple tour?

Bean: I loved the baptismal font and the mirrors that go on forever in the sealing room.

Me: Nice Bean! Wasn't that cool? What about you Pou-Pou?
Pou: I liked the piano that played by itself and...
Bean: (interrupting) Was the piano inside the temple or outside? My mom is talking about INSDIE the temple..DUH!
Me: Beanie, it doesn't matter where it was, I'm talking about the whole night...go ahead Pou.
Pou: (discouraged mumbles) Nevermind!
Me: Pou, I thought the self-playing piano was cool too...you tell me whatever it is you loved most!
Pou: (still discouraged mumbles quickly) I just liked the baptism thing and mirrors like Beanie said. (Pou wipes his tears)
Me: and the piano too huh Pou! (he nods) Ala, what did you like most?
Ala: THE REFRESHMENTS!
Justin: (giving Ala "the look" and Ala realizes he better give a better answer...LOL)
Ala: Oh, sorry...I liked seeing where you can do baptisms like Aunty Diana does. I can't wait to turn 12 so I can do them too. Oh and I have to really say that I loved THE REFRESHMENTS! Sorry dad! But, Mom said I could say what I really loved out of the WHOLE night right? I loved the cookies! I did...it was SOOOO GOOOOOOD! (rubbing his tummy)
(the whole family breaks out into laughter)


Pou, Beanie and Ala inside the reception hall at the end of the tour.
All of us who attended the tour

4 comments:

  1. How fun and what a memorable day for the kids!!! what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun night! We haven't been yet- but it's on my "list".. funny that they spoke spanish to Justin.. DUke gets it all the time.. Walmart is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Vee, and your kids are sooo dang cute, what a memorable activity for your family...Love Ala's reply LOL to dang cute...malie "Bien Venido"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at "Bien Venido"....too funny! And lovin' Ala's comment! I love the group picture of y'all. Way cute! Love ya VEE!

    ReplyDelete

MY FAMILY