Thursday, June 18

My nose isn't working!

So, I've spent much of my week with one of my most favorite people in the world...LES!! How I love her! She's been out here for the past few days and I do all I can to spend time with this girl 'cause we can talk and talk and TALK for DAYS! :D One of her girls (twins) got sick while we were in Cali last weekend for Ruby's wedding. (So much of our family has been sick...this crazy infulenza is just going around and hitting us all!) Flights were lookin' full as ever in Cali so she ended up flying here until her lil' one could get better...then they could take the longer flight home. Les had her girl at a clinic in town who incorrectly diagnosed her daughter with Rhoda Virus...advising to give her only Tylenol, no Ibuprofen and that was it!! UGH! Symptoms of this "Rhoda Virus" didn't match and her motherly instincts took her up to Primary Childrens for a 2nd oppinion. Thankfully, our instincts were confirmed and it wasn't this "Rhoda Virus" but the flu and the doctor gave us a Rx for Tamiflu (HOLY MAMAFA!), but it has worked and now we think the other twin is getting it too!

Today, I was over visiting and checking up on the twins. Les looked weary as ever...poor gal has had sleepless nights trying to tend to her lil' ones and in addition to that, her sister who caught the same thing as well. The kids were playing with Kerv & G's kids...Les and I chattin' away...then suddenly one of the twins came to Les with her stuffed nose and said, "Mom, my nose isn't working!" Les knew right away what her daughter meant and helped her blow and clear it up! It took me a second to understand what she meant...but I thought it was the cutest thing!! (my nose is broken = my nose is stuffed making it harder to breathe) Les told me they say that to her every time they have a stuffed nose! It was just one of those moment of kids saying the darndest things! I love those moments!

Anyway...the girls are getting better, as well as her lil' sis, so they should be heading home shortly. It's good for them, but a lil' sad for me 'cause I love having their company!! Still there's no place like home! I just had to share just a "wee" bit of my day with these guys...they just mean so much to me! This is a pic of the twins! Aren't they GORGEOUS!

3 comments:

  1. Her girls are gorgeous!!! Just like their mama!!! Hope everybody is feeling better. I came back from Cali kinda feeling the same way too. Gettin' over it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww to dang cute, it's good to hear they're getting better. Send my Love to Les and the beautiful twins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vee, how sad and yes those lil DIVA's of hers are the CUTEST!! We ran into them @ Jungle Jim's Les said they had to get out of the house!! Oh please send our love to them....and for you momma you take care!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

MY FAMILY