Wednesday, June 3

Another Moment in Motherhood

Can you see it? No? Neither could I...LOL! This is a picture of a picture...scanner isn't cooperating right now...but we're anxious to post the pic! So I'm on my 22nd week with this pregnancy and we were so happy when we FINALLY got an ultrasound to find out whether the baby would be a boy or girl. Now, we already have the two boys and so Beanie was really hoping for a girl! Heck, Justin and I were certain that it was a girl. This morning, I took my kids and lil' Pou with me for the ultrasound. (Justin stayed back with Drew 'cause he's had a bit of a cold.) We were all so anxious to know the sex of the baby, but the nurse had to get the routine measurements and pictures before we could find out. The kids were anxiously up on their feet watching the screen. They loved seeing the heart beating, the spine, the head and a profile picture of the baby waving at us. Then the nurse got the legs/thighs which also revealed that we were having a baby BOY!! Ala and Pou shouted, "YES!" and high fived eachother, my attention went automatically to my lil' Bean who had her hopes for a baby sister...there was an immediate frown to her face as she sat back in her seat starting at the ground. I grabbed her hand to comfort her and my lil' brother Pou noticed her sadness and suddenly I heard him say to the nurse, "Can you please check again, because Beanie was really hoping for a sister?" The nurse was so sweet and although we could see in plain site that it was a boy, she played along and doubled even tripled checked for them. She then talked to Beanie about how being the only girl has it's benefits. She gets to be the Princess of the house, doesn't have to share a room or her clothes and that she'd be protected by all the brothers she has. The frown slowly changed to a smile and Beanie squeezed my hand and stood back up to look at the monitor...right away it showed the baby's profile with his hand up and the I said to her, "See, your lil' brother is waving at his big sister!" Beanie had a huge smile on her face and I knew we were going to be just fine. After the ultrasound, I went to drop off the kids to school and as the kids are getting out of the car, there's always a quick kiss to my cheek and a kiss to the baby in mommy's tummy...this time Beanie's kiss to the tummy was a few seconds longer and she rubbed it saying, "I love you little brother!" I automatically got teary eyed as I drove off heading for work...I just felt so much gratitude to my Heavenly Father for these lil' and amazing moments in motherhood! We're all so happy for this baby boy and look forward to October so meet the lil' guy!

2 comments:

  1. Beanie will always be the princess!!! Congrats on another boy. I love that I have 4 boys. But at times sad 'cause I really wish she had a sister! In no time it will be October!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was such a sweet post. My heart went out to your daughter...awww so sad, but ur right there is a reason why she's the only girl right now...princess status! lol...Congrats on your new lil addition!! :)

    ReplyDelete

MY FAMILY