Tuesday, June 9

DREW-BEE turns ONE!

"My Lil' Feti Love Bucket" turned one this past week!!

*crying happy tears sad tears*

I can't believe how quickly this year went. It wasn't much of a big birthday bash as a FIRST birthday usually is, because he got sick a couple days before and it wouldn't have been so fun to have tons of family/friends while he was so miserable. We had a simple lil' cake (thanks to my sister Brenda), my siblings and their kids gathered around and we sang to the bday boy at grandma and grandpa's house. Still, he enjoyed the attention as everyone sang and loved ripping open the gifts from everyone. It was a short lil' party and then we brought him home to rest. Above are just a couple pictures of Drew as we sang...he got so excited as we sang and started clapping right along with us, then when it came time to blow out the candles he got even more excited when Grandma lifted up the cake to him and tried to grab it...no worries though, although the picture looks like he might have burned himself...he didn't...the candles were blown by the kids standing near and then Drew got to dive into his lil' cake first!

Anyway, I wanted to blog a bit about my LIL' FETI LOVE BUCKET. That's what I call him, because my chunky Drew loves taking in all my hugs and kisses then pours them right back on me!! My sisters say it's cheesy...but that's what I'm all about being CHEESY! He has a few nicknames...his BFF, Baby Girl aka NOLA calls him DREWBY and has all the other lil' ones calling him that too. You'll also hear, "FETI" 'cause he was so chunky when he was first born (I like to think he has slimmed down, but others beg to differ!) and the young men from our ward call him "JACK JACK" after the baby off of Incredibles...let's just say their personalities match a bit as well as Drew's crazy hairdo! It's almost ALWAYS a Mohawk...not purposely done...we thought it was so cute when he was born...but now, we try to comb it other ways and STILL it ends up in a mohawk....go figure! My "FETI" loves to roam! He doesn't want to be held much and wants to crawl/walk all over the place, he isn't much into toys, but would rather play with a wooden spoon or empty watter bottle...which I certainly don't mind! He's loves to imitate others like when we laugh, he'll laugh or blowing kisses. The funniest thing I think he does is saying "Oooo" or "Ahhhhh" with a high pitched slur whenever he sees something that interests him...I'll have to record it and post for you to see so you know what I mean! I could go on and on about this kid...he continues to bring so much happiness into our family...I love his innocence, his curiosity, his determination to be independent, I learn so much from him!! Most of all, I love that was blessed to be his mother and I will do all I can to raise him the best I can!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Drew!!! I can't believe he is one already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO you fixed it LOL...He's too dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU HAVE A LIL HEARTBREAKER ON UR HANDS LOL HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY

    ReplyDelete

MY FAMILY