Sunday, December 20

Big Lights WILL Inspire You!!

My cousin, Oti said it right, "Alicia Keys wasn't lying!! Big lights WILL inspire you!!"
Click to see just a tad bit of the fun we had in NYC!
Tua'one girls annual trip was to New York City!! (December 10-13, 2009) If ya haven't been there, I HIGHLY recommend you go. It was certainly a memorable trip. I loved every minute...20 of my most favorite girls, no kids or husband....just us girls and New York! Shopping, good food and great company! To save time I'm just going to copy and paste my post I left on our family website! Here we go...

“Handbag? Coach? Louis Vutton? Gucci?” Do ya know how sick I was of hearing that phrase all up in my face? Malo Canal Street!! New York was certainly memorable…I keep lookin’ at the pics posted over and over just to relive the moment! I wanted to thank each of you individually…so please bear with me in this novel!
Prim- I am so happy you were there! Thanks for always lookin’ over us out there, makin’ sure we were warm and personally, thank you for the extra cheeseburger at Mickey D’s! Hahaha! That fish burger I ordered just didn’t cut it for me!! Hahaha!
Banana- “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”….hahahaha!! Did you see all the girls faces when you and I busted out with that song? MEMORABLE!! Now you know the subway peeps NEVER experienced that one! GOOOO UTAH JAZZ!
Kadi- This girl could read my mind so well, ‘cause we’d see somethin’ at the same time, look at eachother and just start busting out before anything was said!! LOL! I will NEVER forget the lady with the subway doors closed on half her face!! Hahahaha!!
Cinnamon- Never heard the terms “Oh-Em” so much in all my life, but that’s exactly what NY was….O- to the- E-M-GEEEE!
Les- I know you hated that “waiting game,” but you did it anyway! Always the last to get on the subway, walk nto the buildings, the bus, countin’ heads everywhere to make sure we were all there counted for! *tears* You made this whole experience happen for us…behind the camera in 99% of those pictures, because you wanted US to remember the moment! You’re the SUPER GLUE…you keep us close! How I love and admire your every characteristic!
Moni- Thanks for making my head ache a lil’ more with the whole fire alarm incident!! LOL!! Ehhh!! J/K! That was a funny incident all on it’s own, especially when Les decided to announce it to everyone riding the subway with us!! LOL!! Seriously though Moni, THANK YOU for lightening up our spirits when there were thorns- You were our “ROSE!”
Silard- Now you know we really didn’t leave ya hangin’ at the M&M store alone right? We actually stayed another ½ hour waiting for you to come out while you were eating nice and warm at Beef Bowl….why I oughtta…LOL!
Otis- Thanks for helpin’ me find that dark alley and callin’ the taxi on the streets of New York!! I felt so silly admitting those two things I wanted to do…haha! Then wakin’ me up to catch my flight so early Sunday mornin’ and checkin in at the airport…I would have been so LOST had I not had you there AND I’m sure Les would’ve KILLED me had I missed that flight!
Brooke- Girrrrrl, all I got to say is, “Tim Tebow’s HOTT!” You lucky duck!
La- Can’t believe you came from JAPAN for this girlfriend! Now that’s a TROOPER! Good thing you and Pou got HEIGHT so you could spot us in the NYC crowds….it totally made our night complete once we were all together!
Pou- This girl knows how to POTTY like a ROCKSTAR!! LOL!! Thanks for being down to make my dreams come true even if I wanted to get up at 5am to make the Today Show filming…LOL!! Glad ya made me realize that wasn’t my dream so we could sleep in a bit more!!
Gina- Malie SNAKE BOOTS!! Thanks for waitin’ on us girls at Beef Bowl, I’m sure your feet were just as sore and tired, but there you were servin’ us our food and drinks so willingly…I totally appreciated that!
Tito- Malo tour guide! Thank you for livin’ it up in NYC for the 2 months that you did!! LOL!! How would we have seen all the sites we did had you not come? This girl was runnin’ up the incline on the Brooklyn Bridge like it was a piece of cake! No thanks on mentioning a rat in the subway causing me an anxiety attack…that is not my style!
Lupita- This girl wore some comfy tennis shoes the first day we toured New York, then sacrificed her comfort to sport her cute boots the next day! Although your feet are probably dying from those boots, let’s just say it paid off, ‘cause ya look darn cute in the pictures!! =D
Mele- “Happy Halloween!” from Houston! LOL!! Thanks for stickin’ with me when I wanted to experience the WHOLE effect of the Brooklyn Bridge!! You knew just how important it was to me! Now, I wish I could have done the same for you on eatin’ that New York pizza…dang, I suck!! Sorry MayRay!
Seni- Who knew this girl could bargain shop! I loved the whole undercover mini black van experience and I’m glad I had you and Lupita to share it with!! Glad you and Sila got swept away for an even better deal!! Jimmy Choo & Dolce Gabana…WOWZERS!
Oli- We’re GANGSTAHS up in those NY alleys…LOL!! Thanks for being so down to run through Central Park with me when I wasn’t sure anyone else would! Beware of those subway doors!! LOL!
Uinise- The GYRO experience was DELICIOUS! So glad we didn’t pass up that opportunity…thank your friend for me will ya!
I’d also like to thank the guy at Chinatown who sold me the Blind Side bootleg. Justin and I stayed up ‘til midnight Sunday night to watch it. We were so into the movie, only to find out that it was only HALF the movie!! MODED!
Lastly, I want to thank MYSELF for going to New York and taking pictures so I could get a “reality check” and realize why I am out of breath every time I climb three or four steps! GEEZ-LOUISE! Give me a few months of ZUMBA and I’ll show you! Hahaha!! Let’s hope!
LOVE YOU ALL OH SO MUCH!!


4 comments:

  1. What a fun experience!!!! Just reading your post, looking at your pictures, makes me want to go to New York even more. I love your blog VEE -- you are an awesome writer!!!!! Really you are!!!! Love ya chica!!!!!!! When I do make it to New York, I will be hittin' ya up for tips!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun..I love how close you and your cousins are. Yeah, I agree with Sinai, your an awesome writer!!

    Leah T :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What an amazing trip! How fun with all the girls!! Glad you had good holidays! Thx for making me cry :) Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh! i hate this post!! LOL.. its all about PROVO BABEE!! hahahaha... im sooo catching the next trip!!

    ReplyDelete

MY FAMILY