Sunday, November 8

Reuniting In All Aspects

October flew by so fast...heck this year has! We're in NOVEMBER already. I have to jot down Ocotober's happenings, because there was a whole lot of reuniting in all aspects for our family.

Justin's lil' cousin, Latu Ongoloka passed away 09/26/09. He was 18 years old and had continuous heart problems the past couple years. The week before, Justin's aunt, Tolokina passed away in New Zealand, but not much of the family could make it out there. Latu's passing brought all the Kaufana family together which hadn't happened in a while and it was lovely to see Justin's aunties from Florida and Oregon here with their kids. Justin didn't wanna miss a minute away from them and loved hanging out with the family. It was an opportunity for our own kids to meet more of the family from their dad's side as well.

This is a picture off of Justin's phone. Latu's family after the burial services.


October 16th, I lost a cousin of my own, Naki Maile passed away unexpectedly. He was 32 years old and left his wife and 6 lil' girls from the age 9 down to age 1. This tragic loss also brought together much of my extended Fonua family and we were reunited with much of our family we hadn't seen in years as well. With both of these cousins passing away so young, I continue to remember that the Lord needs the BEST on the other side to help serve and certainly Naki and Latu are exactly those type of servants...I love thinking of their reunion with our Father In Heaven.
Twig, Nancy and I were invited to a surprise party for our good friend, Felika Tahi. We had been looking forward to this fun party 'cause we knew we'd see friends from our younger years. Funny thing is that we thought it was some kind of birthday party and so us three went in on a gift card to Applebees for Felika and her hubby to enjoy only to arrive to the party and find all pink decoration and a huge sign saying, "It's a Girl!" Weh...MODED! Felika had her 9th child, a lil' girl and her sisters and sis in laws had put together a fun lil' shower. It was tons of fun and we were ever so happy to see old faces and catch up! Good times!

This is a picture of mom with one of Naki's girls, Eva. Taken right after the burial services.


My momma turned the big 5-0 this past month as well! We didn't do anything big for my mom for this birthday, although I wish we could have, she loves to be the center of attention so a dance to celebrate her birthday would have been nice, but we had the funerals and weddings each weekend and so my siblings and I all pitched in some $ and gave it to her and she LOVED it! Mom and dad spent almost a week at a hotel and dad says she splurged on shopping and eating good food! I was happy to hear she did that! Now if ya know me, you know my mom and I butt heads all the time...we really don't compromise well, but this past month was so different. I don't know what it was, but she seemed extra nice, always calling me each morning to see how I was, what I was doing and we could talk for hours without any arguing. You see, my mom had surgery the week before I had baby Koloi and so we've both been off of work on Short Term Disability and so we've had tons of time together...it's been such a great time with her. She had to return to work this past week and I realize how much I miss seeing her throughout the day, so when 7pm hits, I know she's off work and I'm on the phone to talk to her and chat. Totally love her!

To end off the month of October, I was able to see some of my most FAVORITE people who I hadn't seen since July! Now that may not seem so long, but for me it is 'cause these gals know everything and anything about me. Les came out on Halloween with her girls! Not only was it Halloween, but it was also Les' birthday! Monika also was here with her lil' Pataleone and it was such a TREAT to have them here and to finally meet lil' baby Leone! Baby Koloi got blessed that following Sunday so they were here to be with us and it just made my month complete!


This is Monika's baby Pataleone with baby Koloi on his blessing day...we'd been waiting to meet lil' Pataleone since he was born end of July.

3 comments:

  1. Vee- I just love you family! My heart goes out to you for your loss! Tell your mom Happy Birthday for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. busy month for you guys! Tell Mom Happy Birthday- she still looks 21! I am sorry for all of the loss and heartache- but it's nice to know there is a perfect plan for us all! Loves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K, so I just barely logged into my neglected blog and was surprised to see a comment from you! My blog is pathetic compared to yours - you've motivated me to keep it updated! How are you?! Well you have a beautiful family. I can't wait to read the rest of your blog tonight to see what's the latest w/ you! Hope I run into you soon. It's been a while, huh?! We're getting sooo OLD!! Aaagh! I'm officially a follower of you so this won't be the last you hear from me :)

    ReplyDelete

MY FAMILY