Saturday, October 10

Welcoming Baby Koloi

My lil' one is here...he's actually 2 weeks old now. Baby was born 25th of Sept., weighing 7lbs 15oz and 20 1/2 inches long. It was a planned C-Section...my 4th one (not highly recommended)....recovery is not fun! Baby is good and healthy though and that's all I wanted!

My three boys...Ala & Drew meeting lil' Koloi for the 1st time.
What's in a NAME?
We asked my dad to name him. The first three kids are all named after the Kaufana side of the family, so we thought my dad would choose a name from his family. My dad felt it was important to keep the boys' names within the Kaufana family and so Koloi is after Justin's paternal grandfather. We don't know of anyone in the family who had been named after Great Grandpa Koloi. Baby Koloi's middle name is Pule. When we were in New Zealand this past Spring, we met my father-in-law's brother, Pule. Pule and my dad totally bonded and became such good friends. No one has been named after Pule either, hence the middle name Pule.
Ready to leave the hospital.

Home SWEET Home!

10 comments:

  1. Via,
    Congrats on your 4th!! Wow your kids are so freakin beautiful! I'm glad you had more! Hope you recover well, and that your baby stay healthy during this sucky flu season!! Much love to you and your beautiful Koloi!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET WELL SOON!! AND CONGRATS ON THE ADORABLE BUNDLE OF JOY!! HOW FUN =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome beautiful baby boy! he looks jus like drew... take care of urself now and hopefully we will all be able to catch up again soon! ofa atu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vee...honestly your children are beautiful and Koloi is such an ANGEL!! Love him already!! I am sorry you have had a harder recovery and please feel free to call me for anything!! Love the story of his naming it is so neat to have that tradition...love your guts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrat Via..he's adorable. And so sweet of ur dad to keep it within your Kaufana family. You have a beautiful family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww...he is soo sweet! What a beautiful baby Via! Good to hear he is healthy! I love the picture of Drew and Ala with him for the first time (priceless!) So How are you recovering my dear? (I think people forget that for MOM's it's not completely over right when you have the baby!) Please let me know what I can do for you Please? I know I am sooo late, but I am sooo happy for you guys, you family is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations Kaufana Family♥!

    Lote sii told me to say Hi to Beanie! :D

    Ofa Atu♥
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! He is so HANDSOME! I just want to squeeze his cheeks! How are you holding up? Can we do anything? Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome lil' man!! I love the name! Tell Leni good job! Hope you are feeling well and healing. Anytime you need someone to come over and hold him, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww!!! Via he's soooo beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!! I love his name too!! Very unique and very beautiful!!! I love you Via!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Via!! I totally found you on Marie's blog. Your lil man is such a CUTEY!! :D

    ReplyDelete

MY FAMILY